This post may contain affiliate links, which helps us to continue providing relevant content and we receive a small commission at no cost to you. Please read the full disclosure here.
Yummy garlic flavored baby potatoes with a little salt and pepper. This simple vegan side dish is a popular favorite and can compliment any main dish or enjoy by itself.
Today’s recipe is simple and easy to make. One that you will want to make again and again.
A friend’s dad bought baby potatoes and didn’t know what to do with them. So, I put a little butter, garlic, salt, and pepper to create an easy side dish.
This the best way ever to make baby potatoes.
Kid made and kid approved!
All of the ingredients are found in any kitchen. Thus, you can quickly make this recipe at any time.
- Baby potatoes or fingerling potatoes
- Garlic – We find minced garlic is quicker to use or you can take a clove of garlic and mince it.
- Coconut oil- Feel free to substitute with butter.
- Salt and pepper
How to Make …
First, wash all baby potatoes. Then, cut all baby potatoes in half. Put them in a big bowl because you need room to mix the ingredients together.
Next, melt the coconut oil (or butter). Drizzle on top of the baby potatoes. Add the minced garlic. Season with salt and pepper. You can use a spoon or your hands to mix the ingredients together. (I prefer my hands because the potatoes don’t fall out.)
Line the baby potatoes on a sheet pan facing down. You don’t need to spray the pan with cooking spray or add additional oil. Make sure the potatoes have a little space between each one. It is quite common to see quite a bit of the ingredients on the bottom of the bowl. So, spread the extra spices on top of the baby potatoes.
This is the fun decision. You can roast them in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
Another option is to grill them or smoke on a Traeger. Either option will turn out scrumptious.
Possible Variations to Baby Potatoes Recipe
With this simple recipe, there are many ways to you can spice it up.
Here are a few spices you can add:
- Onion Powder
- Ranch seasoning – this one is my favorite
- Italian seasoning
- 2-3 pounds baby potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of pepper
1. Wash all baby potatoes. Then cut all baby potatoes in half and put them in a big bowl. A big bowl so the food doesn't fall out.
2. Melt the coconut oil.
3. Put coconut oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper into a bowl. Mix together either with a spoon or your hands.
4. Place baby potatoes cut side down on a baking sheet with very little space in between.
5. Take extra seasoning from the bottom of the bowl and drizzle over the potatoes.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until soft and golden.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1/3 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 129Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 540mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g